Friday, November 14, 2014

I Pulled the Plug

It's damn near impossible to get a discussion forum off the ground.  Everybody's afraid to post on an empty forum, which pretty much guarantees it stays empty, and in the end, it's not worth the aggravation.   So I pulled the plug on the forum.  Now, onto other things.

To be honest, I don't think I'll keep the fb page up much longer either.  It really doesn't come up in search results and posts don't circulate because fb keeps changing how the site works, and how/what you see and when, even from pages or people you follow.  It's just another source of aggravation, and I've got more than my fair share of that.  They keep fiddling with their coding, and pages like mine get ghosted.  It's as though you already don't exist.  What's the point?

It's a better use of my time to use my blog to work out some of my frustrations and issues.  The internet's already full of blogs where people do all their venting and grousing.  One more won't make a difference either way. 

The internet's a horrible place to socialize.  Absolutely horrible.  I'm already almost a hermit, and have no idea why I can't just cut off completely from people.  It's like a woman who won't or can't leave an abuser, and sooner or later, he kills her.

I was having fun fiddling around with making memes, and basically the only reason I started the DNC page on fb was to have a place to post them.  It's neither therapeutic nor cathartic.  It's just way of passing time.



So I think I'm going to retreat to just blogging.  I'll never get hits but that's something I'm used to anyway.  Just screaming into the void for no reason whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment